Sunday, May 15, 2022

No more Little Women

This is how I ended Little Women... with a mask, sitting in the audience.



Disappointment  is big for me right now.  



I’m mourning the loss of Little Women and Marmee. 


Covid took me out of my final four performances.  

I’ve been praying for a miracle all week. Making deals with God.  Pleading in earnest for this Covid to go away and let me have a final show.   

Then I feel embarrassed.

I think how trivial this is with where God is really needed right now with the people of  Ukraine and SCOTUS decisions and abuse victims and poor, starving children… the list is endless...


Then I’m just sad again.  Three positive covid tests later, and I'm still out! 



Wanting to do this show, any show- wanting to perform always has ego attached.  I want people to applaud and tell me I’ve done a good job.  I love being on stage and all that goes with it.  So I miss this when I’m not in a show.  (I need Wayne and my family to clap for me when I go in or out of a room- and they don’t).


I feel like I’m letting people down who bought tickets to see me.


I feel sad I don't get to share in the backstage camaraderie.   

This show is really unusual in that we all feel so much a part of telling this beautiful story.  At the end of the show we are all on the same side of the stage and we wait in the dark for Jo and Professor Baer        ( Lindsea and Josh) to step through the final curtain.  We clap for them and ourselves and then go in for a big group hug, tell each other how lucky we are to be able to do this show.....and get ready to go out for bows.  


Anyway... it all ended so anti climactically.  Covid sucks.  I avoided it for over two years and two months..and then it attacks in a most inconvenient time.


If I started Little Women and was told I would get to perform 10 of the 16 shows I would be okay with that. Happy to be involved.  And that’s what happened. 


Still, right now I'm feeling disappointed, and stuffy and head achey and tired of blowing my nose. 



On a lighter note, all the women in the cast crochet or knit and we all made seven squares  that represented something from the show or people/characters int eh show and then crocheted it all together into a big blanket for Jim Christian as a thanks for directing gift.    He loved it.  

Jim Christian- director and Karin Gitten - Music director.













No comments: