Monday, July 26, 2021

24th of July weekend... what's up?

I love July.  It has so much in it to love...sunshine, swimming, two holidays, my birthday and this year I'm also in rehearsal for a show.
I'm doing a grand day once a week all through the summer, where we go to a pool or a park.  This week it was Butters pool.  All of the kids showed me they could float!  Their swimming really is improving. 
I'm having a riot at rehearsal.  IT's great being their with Addison - as the choreographer and my neice Megan Call as a fellow nun.  I'm nun #11-- which means no lines,  a ton of fun singing and dancing, a dance solo as "the flying nun," plus I get to play an old lady homeless person.  It really is a blast for me.  It's sweaty and feels like an aerobic work out.  I love it.
My Si Foster is home from her 18-month mission with her hubby Grant to Mallorca, Spain and I'm loving it. Her faith-filled stories are amazing and now I have my morning walking therapy partner back.  My Sunseeker friends got together to celebrate my birthday at Plate and Palates-- our go-to place for a great salad!
 
For Pioneer day I pulled over 100 scones.  We had a good group join us for scones and fireworks, Monson's family, Addison's family, Wanee and Holly, Tami and Rob, Clark, Shelbi and Derreck, some YSA's and our friends the Wangsgaards, their son Tate and Caro and kids and our friends and Add and Bre's besties the Inkleys.  
Elsie's favorite person is Papa Wayne so when the first firework exploded she ran to his lap.  The world was turned upside down this year because of the Tokyo Olympics.  So the SLC days for 47 parade was on Friday the 23rd, because of KSL tv rights for the Olympic games and our Bountiful fireworks, which have NEVER been on the 24th were on the 24th this year.   
The kids LOVED the scones.   Pictured are the Wangsgaards grandkids- Rainy, Maxi, and Ami and my Tayla, Lady, and Alfie.  

No comments: