Thursday, August 5, 2021

Sister Act





 I've been in rehearsal all summer for Sister Act at Centerpoint Theatre in Centerville.  It's been a riot.  When I auditioned back in May, I told Addison- who is the choreographer of this show- that I just wanted to be a singing/dancing nun so I could take on all of the fun and none of the pressure.  I'm Nun 11 and it has all proved true.  I have enjoyed this show so much.  I have met some cool people, renewed my friendship with other theatre people, got back on stage after 3 years, and has given me something to do every night that brings me so much joy.  

I thought for sure Wayne and I would be released from our YSA ward around May as well and I would have a free summer.  This has not proven true-- so this part has been hard.  I have abandoned Wayne a bit when it comes to YSA activity.   ( Our 3-year calling is now going on 4 years and 8 months...wow). 

We opened and the audience LOVED it!  I think they are surprised how much heart this show has...there is so much laughter and then really tender moments.  It was great having Wayne, Laila, Lexi and Tayla there for opening night.

 The production staff has been a joy to work under..Danny Inkley as Director, Addison as Choreographer and Dave Martin as Music director.  

  
AND a big plus in this show is I get to be in it with my amazing niece, Megan Call. 
I had a sweet experience the other night — I looked at Megan in the middle of the song “Bless Our Show” and I saw her mom, Marcie on stage with me instead. It was a teary moment for sure. I miss my sister.  She passed away 6 years ago. Marcie loved theatre and we shared nun time together over 20 years ago in Nunsense. It’s been so fun sharing this show with Megan and I know her mom- Marcie and my mom- Sheri are in heaven cheering us on as we sing and dance Spread the Love! 


No comments: