Sunday, March 7, 2021

Donut Falls

Donut Falls with my winter hiking people was awesome.  We had talked about it all winter, and finally March 6th we did it.  There was still snow but it was melting quick.    When I put my snow cleats on my boots I feel invincible.  I'm like a mountain goat and I can climb up anything and not be afraid of slipping.  

We dragged up selds so we could slide all the way back down.  It was so fun.  On some of the hill portions, we took turns and did it numerous times.  
to see the falls you have to climb down inside a snow cave then it opens up to a cavern with the water falling in.  IT was so gorgeous.  If it's really cold the falls actually sop and turn into an ice chandelier.



Linda brought up donuts so we could eat donuts at Donut falls.  It was a celebration of white powder donuts in the white powder snow.  

D





 


No comments: