Wednesday, March 3, 2021

I love Rainbows

I love rainbows.  

I used to just see them as a beautiful finale to a good rainstorm.   OR as something that led to a leprechaun's pot of gold at St. Patrick's time.

Now I see them as so much more.  

Rainbows remind me that there is more than black and white in our world... there is a full spectrum of color in between.  Thus rainbows help me to be diversified in my thinking; to enjoy living in nuance and paradox; to move into curiosity and compassion and away from judgment.  

Rainbows help me to look for ways to color my life.  To open my eyes to the world and people around me.  I try to notice nature more. I try to make eye contact and smile and engage more often with others.  

Rainbows help me to be courageous — to be bold and fearless in my convictions.  

Rainbows are reminders to be hopeful and to stay positive.

Rainbows remind me to enjoy this journey. 

Rainbows remind me to keep my baptismal covenants to bear one another's burdens and mourn with those who mourn and comfort those who stand in need of comfort.  

I love that a rainbow is also a symbol for the LGBTQ community.  

A rainbow means I stand with my LGBT brothers and sisters. It means I'm on my own children's side even when parts of our black and white world are against them. 


No comments: