Wednesday, January 31, 2018

Musings on Yoga

I started Yoga... I've gone two other times in my life  but this time is going to be different.  I think Yoga will help me tune into my body more and help my on my body image/ food/ always dieting recovery.    It's hard.  I can't do what all those around me are doing with downward dog, cobra stretch, pigeon pose etc... but I'm trying and I'm breathing through it.  If my mind starts to wander I come back to the breath...in and out.. breathe in peace -breathe out love.   It's good to sit in my body and get out of my head for an hour.

I've been on body weight recovery for 9 months now.  I haven't stepped on a scale and I haven't judged the food I put in my mouth as good or bad.    Well atleast I'm trying not to judge.   I haven't lost any weight..but I probably haven't gained much either. All my clothes still fit mostly the same as last April.

I want to be honest with myself about who I am and what I think about.  I want to use my words more and make my insides match my outsides.

So here I sit eating cinnamon bears.  I like to twist off the head and then twist off the feet and then eat the belly...it's how I eat them.... pondering me and how I got to this point.

I need to get to the point where  I can apologize to and thank my body for all it's given me.  I'm basically healthy with very few joint problems and aches and pains.  I can climb mountains and I can walk shopping centers, and I can get in and out of the car easily.   I can run with my grand kids and jump on the tramp.  I can do high fitness and sit on a motorcycle and carry stuff to a stadium or the beach.

Comparison is such a trap. 

No comments: