Sunday, January 14, 2018

We will miss Pres. Monson

I loved Pres. Thomas S. Monson- he was a Prophet for the People.   He did so many good things in his life and was a great example of Love and Service to all of us.    He felt really accessible --  like he was one of us.  I hope I can learn to follow and heed the Spirit's promptings as well as he did.

These last few conferences, watching Pres. Monson's energy wane...was difficult.  He literally wore out his life serving the Lord and serving all of us.

We named our son, Monson after this great man and then found out later when Pres. Monson showed off his wiggling ears talent, that our Monson could wiggle his ears too.

I was touched listening to Pres. Monson's funeral and  remembering is wonderful-ness.  I really loved his musical selections of Consider the Lilies of the Field and Oh Divine Redeemer.  Two of my favorite songs...and evidently his favorites too.

I didn't want to let this time go without honoring this great man.  I know he was thrilled to greet his two best friends again...his wife Francis, and Jesus Christ.  I'm so grateful for my testimony of life after death and the Plan of Salvation.

One of my favorite quotes by Pres. Monson:   "Fear not.  Be of Good cheer.  For your future is as bright as your Faith"

No comments: