Monday, June 20, 2016

Fathers Day....... and catch up....

A lot has been going on the first 2 weeks of Summer. 
I was able to perform in the Center Point Gala Season Reveal show.  Just a quick 10 minutes, but it was great to be with theatre friends and meet new theatre people as well.  These are my girls Maurie Tarbox and Lori Reese from my "9 to 5" days.  Next year CPT is doing 9 to 5  the Musical and I'm hoping to be in that show again. 
I got to sing "Before the Parade passes By" from Hello Dolly  too.  I"m really looking forward to this show and I have loved the rehearsals so far. 
The littles have been busy.  Alfie lives by a splash pad that is just THE GREATEST.  He shared some of his enthusiasm  and water with Andrew and Sophia.   When they start playing you have to DRAG or BRIBE them away.  
I had my first ever Paint day with the grandkids.  I felt like I was channeling my mother.  Mom always had these periodically with her grandkids.  We used our creativity and lots of paint and some spilled water to make amazing things happen. I look forward to more of these.

 The Cleveland Cavaliers and LeBron James won the NBA championship game this year and the Monson Welch family couldn't be more excited.  I heard crying and cheers coming from Fresno California all the way to my ears in Bountiful.  Monson has been true to LeBron James since his Jr. High days.  Monson is doing good with Pest control sales and he and Lexi are enjoying their California adventure.
 Wayne flew in for one over night stay this week to Fresno, so he could hold Tayla and take these two out for dinner and fun.    Good thing our free flight benefits have kicked in, thanks to Truman.

ANd speaking of Truman...he is doing actual flights now.  He flew to Chicago and back on Fathers day and did all of the Flight Attendee things that he has been learning.  He has 12 days left then we fly out to Atlanta for his graduation.  He will be stationed in Minneapolis for 6 months, but is hoping to make it less than 6 weeks. As soon as he gets there he's applying for an NYC transfer. 

 I took Laila to see the Broadway touring company of NEWSIES...and it is now Laila's favorite musical!  She feel in love with the dancing, the story and all of the men and boys on stage.

 Laila wouldn't get in the Seize the Day picture with me before the show...but after she definitely wanted a pic of something to remember this night. Even though this pic is dark, it's worth saving.
 Wayne has been of horsing around with Eric Belnap.  They are getting the horses ready for our ward's girls camp.  It's a Kings Peak Hike with girls and horses hiking into base camp.  It will definitely be a high adventure camp.  Wayne has also been going on long hikes up our mountain to get in hiking shape.
 And finally............... Father's Day.  Wayne had a good one with all of his kids here with him and the ones out of state checking in.  He received a beautiful painting of the Savior walking on water.  His kids told Wayne they thought of him when they saw this gorgeous painting because Wayne has Faith like that.  Laila got Wayne some Poo- pouri bathroom spray.  Not quite as sweet, but very useful.  He also got U of U football tix from Monson and Lexi for Nov. 19.
We had our traditional Father's Day BBQ at the Calls.  This is our first one without Marcie and Dad.  It was tangible that they weren't in attendance.  We all powered through.  Last year, Father's Day was the beginning of the end for Marcie. Cancer and Chemo were kicking her butt and she just went down hill from there.   I miss my angel Father and I worry I'm going to forget so much about him...Mom and Marcie....and I don't want to.  I have Marcie's beautiful face as the pic on my phone screen.  That's how I want to remember her.  Memories are funny.  I feel like I'm the keeper now of so many...and I need to write and share, or they will be lost forever.  

No comments: