Thursday, February 22, 2024

Valentines- band

 Our Sidetracked band had a special Valentine's dinner. 

Garth and AnnMarie Oborn, Nick and Jo Cash, Rob Nisbett, Angie and Geoff Smith, Marin and Steve Thomasma, Bob and Kimi Farley, Wayne and Melinda Welch

Garth and AnnMarie Oborn invited us all out with spouses to the Little America for a fun night.   We all ordered the Valentine's special dinner for two.  Garth had us all "ting" our glass throughout the meal and share a memory or two from singing at the rest homes, or from practice.  I shared what a great ministry we are engaged in going to rest homes and hopefully bringing some fun and good times to their day. There's always a couple of old folks in the audience who know all of the words and sing with us.  I love that.  I also love when Garth taps me, or winks at me or says, "Wow" after I sing Angel from Montgomery.  He's so cute about it. I love this group of eclectic personalities and talents.


It was great to laugh together and remember.  Then he had a rose for each couple and we had to talk about when we first met or first date.. and it was really special to hear everyone's story.   We shared meeting in a scene from a play for a drama competition...and Wayne sitting in front of me in an English class and he had a big pink comb in his back pocket. We also shared about dating other people - a requirement from our parents, and our first kiss at midnight of my 18th birthday.

I gave Wayne a "King of Sourdough" shirt for Valentine's.  It matches his bread stickers.

Wayne's on our Sidetracked poster now....



No comments: