Thursday, April 27, 2023

Home for Sale

 Our home of 32 years is for sale.  Wayne and I are feeling the call to downsize, pay off all our debt and move into our last 30 years with missions and travel and a space more conducive for gatherings with not so many bedrooms.    

It's been bittersweet to consider doing this and now it's real.  I thought I would live and die in this home as my parents did in theirs, my grandparents in theirs and Wanee is currently doing in hers.  It's surreal for sure. 

We have a sign in our front yard.  We don't know where we will end up. Probably Landon's mother in law apartment for a bit, that's if our home even sells.  With interest rates how they are who knows if we will even be able to move forward.  We are leaving it all in God's hands and know if it's to work out it will.  

It's been good to clean out my stuff.  I didn't realize I was a hoarder-- but apparently, I am.  SO MUCH STUFF!  

They say to sell a home you have to clear out all of the personal pictures and all of the religious pics.... well I'm taking a stand.   I will remove my family pics, but not my Jesus pictures.  If you don't like Jesus you can't buy my home. 

Our kids are having an interesting time wrapping their heads and hearts around all of this.  This really is the only home they can remember.  We moved here in 1991-- Truman was 6 months old.  We moved in over the July weekend when Landon turned 3.  We can go from room to room and have so many happy, sad, frustrating, funny, mean, and sweet memories.  

I'm posting pics so I can always remember my amazing house that knew so many babies, and teenagers and celebrations, and holidays and protected us all.  It will always be our family home.  So grateful to have had it for 32 years.  IT was our mom-dad-kids home and now we are moving on to our grandma-grandpa home.  It's all good.





























No comments: