Monday, July 18, 2022

Party time

Wayne set up shades and chairs and scone stuff and all my local kids pitched in to help with my drop in birthday party. It was so fun to visit and see everyone.   Kathleen and Kimi put out a paper on the driveway for people to write notes about "what we love about Melinda" ...and I also received many cards, texts, phone call from Laila , facebook messages and fun gifts. I even had friend, Larry Keinke come and sing me a birthday song on my door step.

The Bountiful city fireworks in my honor were great.  Tru screeched in the driveway right as they were starting and was amazed. He didn't know Bountiful city had moved the fireworks off of the 24th holiday. He thought we would be doing our own "gutter works" in the street - so he was impressed. Wayne and Landon pulled all the scones and worked over the hot fryer so I could visit. We served 160 scones to family and friends.  I felt very loved.


Me and the Grands

















My birthday twin.. Wendy Inkley...we share this day

Landon pulling scones... 

Luke and Kathleen Newman

Jeanette and Mark Harris

Bob and Kimi Farley

Madison, Tim and Linda Wangsgaard

Preston, Angela and Guy Brown

Nash, Tami and Rob Madsen

Holly and Wanee Welch ( Wanee had 7 scones)

Jo and Ron Watson

Clark, Sandy and Shelbi Bentley

Jill Allsop

Mitch and Erin Perkins

Getting 69 cans of Fresca!

Bob and Diane Lake

Lexi Edgar and Teri and Mark Bateman

Adam and Christine Cole

Kurt and Cate Gentry

Robyn and Kevin Martin

Leon and Janet Webster


Birthday lunch with Paula and Myken

SECRETS OUT: I started a new birthday tradition to celebrate being 60– Tim and Linda Wangsgaard and Wayne and I were out the night before and basically I was dared to run around in my birthday suit when the clock strikes midnight to celebrate heading into my 60th birthday– so of course I did.  The funny part is I was too tired to stay up til midnight so I had to set an alarm or a few minutes to , then wake up  Wayne, who was shaking his head, not quite believing I was going to do this… and then I DID!! We have security camera footage to prove it.  I promptly asked Wayne to delete the evidence.  It was freeing..and fun…I couldn't stop laughing....and this is the first birthday of being empty nesters..so it was all doable.  Linda will do it on her birthday and we will see about Wayne and Tim….  It’s our new tradition.  (I can see me at 90 with my boobs at my knees….)

No comments: