Saturday, July 16, 2022

I'm 60!

60 is a milestone birthday. 
A birthday that makes you stop and take stock of where you’ve been and where you want to be. 


Getting older is probably the best gift this life can give—at 60, I still have a decent mind, my body is healthy, I have learned many hard lessons, I’m bold and tell my own story.  I have great family relationships, I love God, my friendships are long and deep and I enjoy being a teacher and a coach to help others.    

I've decided, I would rather be grateful for what I do have,  than have ALL the answers.  I'm good living in paradox. I enjoy living by faith.  I study my scriptures more out of curiosity and a desire for a relationship with God than a need for answers and certainty. 


I’m fulfilled even in my unknowing. 


Love is the biggest GOD lesson of my life. 


(I think we should change enduring to the end to loving to the end instead.) 




Think about it — each year you’re alive, you gain more wisdom and step more fully into your power.


It makes me sad when I meet people in their 50s or 60s who feel like the best is behind them.


I believe that the best is always ahead. Our best lies in the process of becoming.


GOAL:  May I finally be ready to stop accumulating, and instead start giving everything away.  


_____________________


 I adapted the following from a piece I saw on the internet....

 (I grew up in a Gen X type family with 3 siblings younger than I and I relate to this so much)



I am a 60’s baby. 


Anyone who was BORN in the 60's-70's, we are the last generation that played in the street. We are the FIRST to play video games and the LAST to record songs off the radio onto a cassette tape. 

The last to use 8 track tapes.


We played outside ALL day without worry of being taken...

watched cartoons ONLY on Saturday mornings...  drank TANG, like the astronauts....

programmed the VCR before anyone else...played Pong, Atari and toilet papered people's houses just for fun. 


We played kickball, red light green light, Eenie aye over, and jumped double dutch in the streets.

Our teachers played, "Go you chicken fat go" music for our exercise breaks at school.


Candy was 1 cent, cookies were 5 cents, hamburgers .29 - .49 cents.


We are the generation of School House Rock,  Star Trek, The Brady Bunch, American Bandstand, Gilligan’s Island, Scooby-Doo, & Good Times...


We traveled in cars with out seat belts or airbags and lived without cell phones.  We had shared phone lines, and had 7 digit phone numbers dialing rotary phones. 

We did not have flat screens, surround sound, iPads, Facebook, IG, Twitter, computers or the Internet...But we had a GREAT time! 

No comments: