Tuesday, August 17, 2021

Singing for Wanee

 Our August service project for our Year of Awesome--Hope for a better world-- was supposed to be singing at a rest home.  Since those are all still closed down to visitors because of Covid, we took our show to Wanee's home instead.  She loved it.  

This group has my heart.  I ask them to do something and they all are so willing to go along with my crazy plans. ( We were missing Monson and Lexi and girls because of sickness and soccer. ) I remember taking my little family to Great Grandma Butters's home for them to stand on her fireplace and sing and tell jokes and perform for her.  Now I'm dragging my grand kids to go to their Great Grandma Welch's home to entertain her.   

 Alfie played a piano-- 3 songs he learned by himself.  He started piano 2 months ago.

  Sophia played "You are the reason" and took a big BOW
We gifted Grandma with some fun yard sculptures...a laughing pig and a frog with flowers that are powered to light up from the sun.  She loved them.  Being outside under her tree and watching the birds really brings Grandma Welch joy.  

The kids had to get out the marble game or it wouldn't be Grandma Welch's.
Andrew  played,  "Part of your World" from Little Mermaid on his cello.
We had a 30 second dance party for Holly to join in the fun.

Sophia and Alfie then played a Heart and Soul duet.
Poppy sang, "Impossible" from Cinderella.
Laila and I sang, "You belong to Me" duet.  I love singing this with Laila...and I loved it even more that Laila is the one who suggested it.
Wayne was a big hit with his "Craig the Peg" routine.  His 3 legs totally shocked Poppy-- she almost cried.  And Sophia  and Alfie can't figure out how Poppa does it.  
Bre is almost ready to have Baby George join our family, but she sang  a bit of "If you knew my story," while George kicked along.

More Dance Party....
Wayne played, "The Entertainer" on the piano...the right way.  He loves to play it without the flats, which makes it sound really out of key. Then he blames it on the piano being out of tune.
We celebrated at Paces Dairy Ann with Rainbow and Fries!!  Delicious.


No comments: