Friday, January 22, 2021

The Inauguration

 We had the Presidential Inauguration on Jan. 20th. 

Such an inspiring ceremony from start to finish! So many messages of love, unity, and faith. That this beautiful inaugural ceremony occurred two weeks to the day after the attempted insurrection at the Capitol gives me so much confidence in and gratitude for our Constitution and American democracy. Feeling so hopeful that our country can start to heal and come together the way Americans have always done in the past during times of challenge. “We must end this uncivil war.” - Joseph R. Biden, 46th president of the United States of America.   

I don't love or even agree with all of what Joe Biden represents, but he seems like a decent human being. 


  It felt like an hour of women's power.   From Lady Gaga singing an amazing rendition of the National Anthem, to Kamala Harris being sworn in by a woman Supreme court Justice to the amazing poet Amanda Gorman delivering her hope-filled poem.  

My granddaughter Sophia was overjoyed with this ceremony. She couldn't believe a woman- a Latina woman like her, was being sworn in by a woman- a Latina woman like her.  Sophia was giddy about it.  

 I knew I would be alive to see this day when a woman would be VP.  I hope I'm still alive when a woman is President of the US.  

No comments: