Friday, January 8, 2021

I've been rebuked


Christie sent Yesterday at 6:27 PM

I loved the quote from Dallin H Oaks you posted on Stewart’s post and I believe wholeheartedly that violence never solves anything. But to say with such venom that Trump lost the election and that’s the truth was wrong of you. You don’t know that to be true, you CAN’T know that because you weren’t there and you didn’t see the evidence that the pollers in the polling stations saw and the drivers of the trucks transporting ballots over state lines etc. etc. I was ill over Christmas, I did not leave my house for over two weeks. I did not watch any main stream media news like CNN or Fox because I think all of them are very untruthful and skewed but I did watch a channel that was televising normal everyday people testifying to five different state legislatures that had signed affidavits that they had seen wrong doing in these elections. Some of them are older like me and have been working in elections for 30 years. Since coming forward with their signed affidavits and testimonies, they had been harassed and threatened but they were going to have their day in front of the legislature to tell their truths. They were good Americans doing their duties and being penalized for it. Until you have watched two weeks of their testimony and you have walked in their shoes do not say there was no fraud. Don’t discount others truths by rash comments that have no foundation. I have always respected you as a person but you need to watch what you say because it does affect people. Your words carry weight so make sure they are not your opinion, that they are fact based. We will be held accountable for our words I believe. I am convinced there was fraud after watching two weeks of normal people testify in Arizona, Nevada, Pennsylvania, Michigan, Wisconsin, and Georgia. They saw it, they lived it!


My only response is WOW. Not all people have to like me. I like me...and that's okay. I had to work on managing my thoughts around all of this.

I would like to write back...but I won't. But if I did I would say:

I too have studied and read about this election. I don't watch FOX or CNN-- I stick to neutral, moderate news sources.

IS there some election fraud in every election...probably? The point is there is not enough evidence to support "the steal" nor would the results change. The end. Amen.

Some people want to point to the number of people who believe the election was stolen as proof that it must be so. “If so many people believe this, there has to be something to it, right?” These are not facts.
But WHY do millions of people feel the election was rigged and stolen despite countless Republican state election officials (who voted for Trump), over 60 judges (again, many conservative, including the entire Supreme Court with three Trump appointed judges) and even Trump’s own loyal Attorney General, Bill Barr, all saying there is not enough evidence by any stretch of the imagination to suggest massive, wide scale voter fraud to the scale that it would change the election results? BECAUSE TRUMP SAYS SO. Over and over and over again. That’s it.

Okay.. I feel better.





No comments: