Thursday, October 8, 2020

Temple to Temple Trek

Bountiful Temple 7am
The thought of doing a TEmple to Temple trek has intriqued me for awhile.  I know a lot of wards that did this to celebrate our Pioneer ancestry -- and I was waiting around for my stake or ward to plan something like this...and then I realized I can just plan my own.  SO I DID.  Lexi Edgar, one or our amazing YSA's and I met at the Bountiful Temple at 7 am... and we made it all along Bountiful Boulevard, and up over the mountain at North Salt Lake, to Ensign Peak, and then down that trail into downtown Salt Lake to the Temple.  We did it in record time ( I have no way to verify this...but it was faster than I thought it would be. ).   We talked about all of the things, and remembered our Pionee ancestors and how their hard things were different than our hard things.  And it's all good.  Life is 50/50 in pioneer times and today.     I was grateful Lexi would do this with me.  Wayne was our chauffeur. he dropped us in Bountiful, then met us in Salt Lake and treated us to lunch at Red Iguana.  So fun.
Top of the mountain looking down into SLC

Ensign Peak Trail


Ensign Peak

Salt Lake Temple 11am

4 hours and 24,213 steps later....we arrived.

 

No comments: