Sunday, March 29, 2020

Home Church

 Thoughts on Home Church during the time of Corona

March 16, 2020
How about this hymn choice? The Day Dawn Is Breaking— as we proceeded to sing every verse, we were each struck with the profound message heaven was sending us through that sweet hymn... “worldwide commotion from ocean to ocean” could not better describe these days...and yet the message is that these times are the herald of “the beautiful day”. And “still let us be doing, our lessons reviewing” was the perfect heavenly reminder to continue doing good. I love home centered church. I’m sure we will get better at it as the weeks progress. So many family members who don’t go to church attended this one. Lots of opportunities here to extend God’s love. That is all we really need ❤️




March 22, 2020
Our home church is a come as you are event.  Wayne is in a suit and tie I’m just outta the shower with wet hair, and Laila is in Pj’s from her bed.  As I looked around, I just was reminded how this is exactly how God wants us… as we are, no hiding, no pretense, no pretending we are something we aren’t.  The Lord knows us, he knows our struggles and our pain points, he knows our wants and our needs, he knows are sadness and our joy. He knows and loves us just as we are.  



March 29, 2020

Today was just Wayne and I and the sacrament. We sang I Stand All Amazed.  Then Wayne knelt at our makeshift Sacrament table.   It was pretty special for me to see Wayne kneeling down and blessing the bread and water and then passing it to only me.  The Atonement of Jesus Christ is a one by one, "just for me"experience.  It’s for all of my sorrows and injustices, and sins and neglects and unfairness.  IT’s what pulls me through the downtimes and keeps me going with peace and perspective.    

I don’t want to ever forget this perfect, peaceful picture of my hubby doing what he knows best to do, loving the Lord and obeying his will.

Having the sacrament at home has taken away the theatrical-ness of it, taken away the separateness of it and brought it back to me as a reminder that it’s for me, the Atonement of Jesus Christ is for me the hope and love the gospel gives is for me.  God knows me and cares for me.  

Bible Dictionary under the word “Temple” and it reads, “Only the home can compare with the temple in sacredness.”  Today our home feels very sacred as we fast for the whole world in an effort to find a way through this time of Corona. 

No comments: