Tuesday, October 29, 2019

Family Costume Party

Ursula, Trick or Treaters The Riddler, Christmas Mickey and Mini and Daisy Duck and Toodles-- all from Mickey's Playhouse. 
I love Halloween and a fun costume party.  My extended Cole side is always eager to jump in and party with me.    I made a big pot of White Chicken Chili and we also had Hot Dogs for the non-chili eaters, Liz brought a batch of mom's famous donuts and it was a riot.  We missed some of our usual suspects ( Adam and Christine and Angela and Guy) but it was all good.  For our activity we divided into three teams based on birthday months and made three Halloween type movies and then quickly edited them in imovie and showed them on the big screen.   We had This is Halloween, Daylight Come and I put a Spell on You.

I was Ursula. It was a ton of fun for most of us, except for my almost 2-year-old granddaughters.  Poppy and Lady were not having it. 

I could hear their little brains churning, “ What happened to Grandma?  Where did she go? Ursula sounds like Grandma and looks a little bit like her, but that’s not my real grandma. “ 

Lady and Poppy are usually glued to me.  They are my biggest fans. They usually see me and run to me with screams of delight.  They only want me to hold them, feed them, play with them and I just love it. But during our costume party they glanced at me warily from across the room and basically avoided me the entire night.  

They knew the real me was inside that purple garb somewhere, but they just couldn’t get to it.

Tayla

Wayne and Riddler and Laila and Rapper

All of the Frozen peeps- One Anna and Two Elsa's-- Rooney, Becca and Poppy

Our Skeletons were Liz, Al, Addison and Andrew
Gary came as a Frequent Flyer and got on an airplane as soon as the party ended.

Tayla, Poppy and Lady

Bre in her awesome Day of the Dead Sugar Skull make up and Poppy as Elsa

Three Thors-- Hayden, Jonas and Nano

Alfie as Spider Man

Nano as Fat Thor, Rachel in her Boo Bees shirt and Jamie as Yoda

Casey as the Hulk, Jonas as Thor, Rooney as Elsa and Becca as Anna

We celebrated Poppy's 2 year old Birthday with a cake and a song.  She loves dress ups and attention, so this was perfect.

Addison in his Scary clown makeup ready to cut the cake.

Jenna as Moira from Schitt's Creek

Kasondra and Aaron Cole-- just off their elopement in Scotland came as Unicorns.

Lil Lady as Minnie Mouse...

Tayla as Daisy Duck, Lexi as Toodles, Monson as Mickey and Lady as Minnie

Sophia, Landon and Andrew took on the Trick or Treaters from Nightmare Before Christmas
Megan in her Star Wars Wookie Garb

Nelson as Spider man all mixed up.

No comments: