Tuesday, June 18, 2019

Father's day


"True self-care is not salt baths and chocolate cake, it is making the choice to build a life you don't need to regularly escape from."     
Brianna Wiest.

This one hit me in the heart.  What a beautiful thought that is to love your life and not want to escape from it.   I love my life and I loved our Father's day gathering. 
 WE ALL LOVE WAYNE, Poppa Wayne, Dad, Father....you know that guy!  Wayne got a Traeger smoker for Father's day so we had all the group come to our home and eat.  This worked out well since Lexi is really sick with this pregnancy and is basically just lying around on couches and running to the bathroom.
Love this bunch, although not complete without our Tru.  Sometimes I look at all of them and say to my Wayne- "we did this."  It's pretty beautiful how well they all get along and make things work. 

Wayne is a much-involved poppa...playing and goofing around with the kids.

Wayne talking on the phone to TRUMAN who is in Portland, while cooking on his Traeger

We love all six of our GRANDS.  They are the best! Andrew, Sophia, Poppy, Lady, Tayla and Alfie

No comments: