Thursday, February 14, 2019

Valentines 365


Valentines is supposed to be a night of romance?   Chocolates, roses, kisses and a
fancy dinner.
Right?
With this ideal in mind, I am just setting myself and Wayne up for failure.  
I would rather it be a day where I tell all of my people that I love them.
A day where I have loving thoughts towards humanity in general and specifically my
neighbors. A day that’s not prescribed to me by advertisements and the media of what
it should look like, or what I need to buy or be, but one that cures my aching heart
because it’s filled with LOVE.


SO let’s alphabetically break it down…..


V- Value the people around you.  The ones you live with, work with, shop with, eat with,
get online with. Spread the love around.
A- Attitude is everything when it comes to Valentines day.  
Don’t think what’s in it for me, but rather, who can I serve? Don’t wait around to see
if flowers show up or a sweet card…..do that for someone else instead.
L- Lift others-- send a nice card, drop off a treat, send texts and emails and even old
fashioned letters
E- Enjoy this day.  Smile and see those smiles returned.
N- No time for regrets if you don’t do it exactly right.  All of this doesn’t matter.
Just do something.
T- Take time to reflect on your loved ones best qualities and then tell them about it.
I- Ideally this Love day and feeling should happen every day.  
 By letting LOVE be our lens that we view the world through, we really can make a
difference on this day and the other 364.
N- Never a dull moment.  This day you can heart attack a car with pink sticky notes,
write loving words with lipstick on the bathroom mirror, put random acts of
kindness into the world by taking in shopping carts, dropping off cookies at the fire station,
or paying for the car behind you at the drive through.  Have fun with it.
E- Everyone wins when we use this day to work on thinking loving thoughts about
everyone we meet. This is unconditional love.  When we have loving thoughts we
feel loving feelings. The guy on the street we are practicing unconditional love towards
doesn’t feel our love, only we do.  And Love feels so good. These same thoughts
can sustain us through out our day if we let it.

Valentines-- the one day a year that can keep on living the whole year through!

___________________________________
So what did happen on Valentine's day this year?
Wayne did come through with flowers for Laila and I . We did get to see some of our grands and exchange valentines and hugs, and Wayne did take me out for lunch at a favorite Mexican place. Wayne, Laila and I did participate in our chalk board question..... "What do I love about You?"


No comments: