Monday, January 21, 2019

Aquarius Children

 My Aquarius children are celebrating their arrival into this world Jan 21, and Jan 22.  Tru and Laila are one of a kind and a lot alike.   These are my final two January celebrations bringing the total to five.   We had a big January extended Cole celebration at our home last night with games and a birthday cake so Laila and Alfie could  blow out the candles.  The Grands banged away on the piano and sang Happy Birthday to "Chuchie" ( Truman) and I caught it on video and sent it to him.  Tru is celebrating with his friends at an airbnb cabin in the mountains surrounding Seattle with a group of his close friends.   We got him air pods and I mailed him home made ginger cream cookies.


 Laila is getting permanent hair removal ( her request) and a swim suit she wanted and lots of dinners and lunches out.  She had three friend boys or boy friends do something "birthday" for her.



Laila's decorated birthday car in BHS parking lot.  Rocky Road Ice cream in the bag!
I've been thinking a lot about these two and what I want to say to mark this occasion.  I decided to spell it....
LAILA
L: loves to Laugh and has the best joyful face when she does.
A: Always learning about life with it's ups and downs and figuring friendships and herself out.
IIdealistic.  She yearns for a better world with equality and empathy for the marginalized
L: Loyal to friends and family.  She keeps other's secrets.
A: helpful and loving Attitude.  She has really grown in this area and has matured so much.

TRUMAN
T: Talented.  He will do well in anything he puts his mind to.
R: Respectful of us as parents.  We have marked differences in ideology and he never puts us down.  This respect goes both ways.
U: Urban.  Tru loves living in the big city.  He likes Portland because it's a big city with mountains and nature so close by.  He loves to hike.
M: Meaningful conversations.  I love when Tru calls me just to check in while he's walking home from work, and we really enjoy when we have time do dive into something juicy or something we just learned from a podcast or book.
A: Always seeking the next big thing in music, art, entertainment, fashion.
N:  No pretense.  He is himself.  "I am what I am."


I love being Laila's and Truman's momma.  I love watching them grow in so many ways and I love cheering them on.

No comments: