Friday, January 4, 2019

Temple changes

"I'm in love. I'm in love and I don't care who knows it." this is what Buddy the Elf says in the movie ELF about his life and this is how I felt when I left the Temple yesterday.

There have been changes to the Temple Endowment that just thrill me.  All of the stuff that was starting to bug me and make me choose to not do endowment sessions but just stick to sealing and initiatory sessions has gone away.    I know my Heavenly Father has heard the prayer in my heart for this. 

There are easier clothing changes.
More empowering language for women of god's kingdom.
Eve has a bigger voice.
The pics shown in the presentation include all races, nationalities, walks of life!
I see Christ everywhere in the Endowment session now and feel of his love and atonement working in Adam and Eve's life and in my own.

I cried through many parts of this.

Wayne and I had a good discussion about all of this in the Celestial room afterward that just felt so loving and it really deepened my understanding and testimony.

I remember in the early 90's when some things of the endowment were changed and I appreciated that so much, but this is for all of the women out there who have felt marginalized in the gospel.  So much good is happening.

I love our new prophet, Pres. Russel M Nelson, and his vision and ability to take Heavenly action and move us Saints to a higher law.



No comments: