Wednesday, June 20, 2018

Super Hero Incredible Dads Party


I have been planning my Father's day extravaganza party ever since I found out that the Incredibles 2 movie was coming out on Father's day weekend.  I knew it had great potential to be awesome.  I sent out a save the date invite  weeks in advance, and made everyone commit so I could get the tix.  

We all thought the movie was good.... the kids are little enough not to really get the "dark" parts and we adults appreciated the older themes.  Our babies just slept and played through it all...so it was good kick off.    We ended up in our back yard for a BBQ and activities.

I wanted to recognize the super heroes that our Dad’s really are.  I love watching my boys do their dad  thing ( and guncle)  it really is a very sweet.    This quote about HEROES really fits.
I had Addison make up a Poster with all of the men in the family on it  dressed as Super Heroes.   We then talked about every dad's super powers and put them in some of the white blanks on the poster for each man.    Qualities like dependable, happy, wise, fun, patient and kind were on the lists.
It was great to have cute decorations and this stand up cut out to complete the motif.  All of the men were really great sports to go along with all of this.  
The kids colored super hero capes then jumped on the tramp and did their best tricks.    We all sat around and just visited and loved on each other.   It was a perfect night  for this mama's heart.


_________________________
The night before our party I got to sing the National Anthem for Ventriloquist, Terry Fator at the Layton Amphi theatre.  I did GOOD.  Last time I sang the anthem I forgot the word "hailed" and I as I practiced this week, I kept messing up other words...so I was a wee bit nervous.  I pulled the words up on my phone just in case I needed them....but I didn't.   I sang out loud and strong and was so happy to not miss a word of the song that I have been singing and around for 55 years.  Brain cramps are real people. My number one fan - Wayne- was in the audience...he whistled and clapped loudly.  Everyone else was there to see amazing, singing, impersonation ventriloquism, but Wayne was there for me.   We really enjoyed Terry Fator's show though....it's amazing what he can do with his mouth closed.  


No comments: