Saturday, June 9, 2018

Swimsuit challenge


I love my mom!  She taught me so many things.  One of these was your weight doesn't define you and you are never too old to have fun.   She always wore a swimsuit when we went to Bear Lake or Grandma Butters' pool.  She didn't care about how big or small her body was. She got in the sand and made sand castles with the kids.  She splashed and played in the water if she was in "swim suit shape" or just had a shape. She was a great example to me of just forgetting yourself and enjoying life. 

I found this on the interweb...and I like it. It's really what mom taught me through her example.  

The Swimsuit Challenge

Please commit with me this summer to not flinch, cringe, make faces, or put down your body verbally when wearing a swimsuit. Wear it with pride. Have fun in the water with your kids. Remember that the people who you have the most fun with are not the ones who constantly rip on themselves.
People who constantly tug at their clothes and cover up and talk about their body insecurities become the ones whose body imperfections everyone notices. Because they constantly advertise them. Don’t be that person. Get your confidence on.
 Bear Lake July 2012
Mom always made sandwiches on the beach for anyone who wanted one.  She was master of this...and we got used to sandy sandwiches.  The key to a non sandy sandwich is to not put the sandwich down...just keep it in your clean hand. 


I love this mom pic 2005.  She is painting on the beach.  She found painting after age 50 and has been a great example to me on this one too.  We can constantly reinvent our selves....find more talents and joy.... ...add to what we have been doing for decades- bear lake beach time -  to make it a bit richer.    Plus look at little brown Laila in the corner.  

No comments: