Thursday, April 26, 2018

Hamilton in SLC

 "We were in the room where it happens."  Hamilton did not disappoint.  We LOVED it.  Even Eric Belnap said he would see this show again.  I loved most everything about it.  I loved seeing the staging and how they used the one piece set with a turn table floor and just pushing around stair cases.  The lighting told a story.  The voices were great.  Hamilton sounded just like Lin Manuel Miranda and Eliza sounded just like Phillipa Sou.   The only thing lacking was in the French  Lafeyette.  The guy just wasn't understandable....but really I don't know if anyone but the original rapper could ever do those lyrics that quickly.    I bawled through the end of course; from "Burn" to  "Who lives, who dies, who  Tells your story?"    It was all interesting and beautiful....and I want to see it again.

No comments: