Wednesday, April 25, 2018

Dear Laila...letter about drugs


Dear Laila.
Now for the lecture,.. I mean letter about Alcohol and drugs.
STOP!
DON’T DO IT!
WALK AWAY!
You are just a teen ager with a developing mind and body….why ruin things now?  Why stop brain cell development?   
Don’t you want every opportunity and advantage you can get in life?  If so, stay away from drugs, alcohol, beer, vaping ..all things which destroy the body and chase away the Spirit. 
I know I can give you all sorts of statistics about teen age drinking and drugs… so many negatives it’s mind boggling …   but I also know that   those mean little to you.      You may think you are invincible and that  nothing bad would ever happen to you…or you may think, come on it’s only one time …or you  want to fit in and peer pressure is real…..
Please have the courage to walk away.  Do the “right” thing because you respect your self. 
Surround your self with other friends who have standards you want to emulate.   IT’s easier to say “No” together.
I don’t want you to partake in alcohol or drugs, but if you do...
….. if you do partake,  Be SMART
Don’t  take any open cup from any one… who knows what they put in it.
Don’t let people take pictures or movies of you…why let them have blackmail for later, even if now they are your “friend.”
Come home.    Don’t feel like you have to stay away when you have made choices I will be disappointed in. 
Remember it’s against the law for someone your age to drink and use drugs.
 Remember that a police record will stay with you forever, whether you look for a job, or apply to colleges.  One bad decision can stay with you and affect so many aspects of your life.
You will lose privileges like  phone and car use for awhile, if you don’t follow our house rules.  These rules include no  alcohol,  drugs  or  vaping.
Know that I want you most of all to be safe. That means: if you decide to drink, do not drive. If you decide to drink, call me and I will pick you up... and no questions asked. I just want you to be safe...I want you to stay alive.
I love you Laila. 
These High School years can be joyous….
Love  Momma

No comments: