Monday, April 22, 2024

Grandkid Game night April

 Grandkid game night was so fun.  

We gathered for pizza and breadsticks, then piled George into the wagon along with waters, wet wipes, bandaids just in case and duck food and set off to the park west of Layton High.   As we walked to the park and the ducks, the kids did the “trucker pump” with their arms to see how many cars they could get to honk at them…almost all did, and every time the kids gave off a cheer.  We also found a pile of pennies and dimes on a lone stretch of sidewalk by a field…so we collected our treasure.  



We got to the park and played.  I’m always so impressed with Sophia and Andrew and the awesome attitudes they bring with them on Grandkid game night.  They pushed swings, and got everyone Harry Potter wands - sticks- to make spells while we walked.  Andrew found a giant walking stick and became a Grandpa character urging the kids along.  It was so funny.  We played at the park, then I announced - I thought to all of them,-- it was time to go to the ducks.  The ducks were about 50 ft away down a slight hill.  We raced to the ducks, got the food out and tried to get indifferent ducks to get excited about the food we were throwing at them.  We wandered down the sidewalk to a bridge and I lined all the kids up for a picture and it was at that time I realized we were missing Poppy… ARE YOU KIDDING ME!  It had been like 5-10 minutes.  I told Sophia and Andrew to stay with the kids and I ran as fast as I could back up the hill to the playground in search of Poppy.  I saw her trying to talk to a stranger– I'm sure explaining that she needed help – crying.  I was so sad and mad at myself.  Poppy cried, “I couldn’t see anybody.  I was lost.”  We cried and wandered back to the kids then we cried some more and all felt Poppy’s pain.  We have all felt that. 


 Poppy got a ride in the wagon and some duck food and all was right with the world again.  We found 14 baby ducks and lots of birds and it was really cool.  The kids played a big game of Red Light, Green Light then back to the playground for more games of Marco Polo on the playground and more swings.  It was getting colder and at sunset, we walked back to my house, taking turns in the wagon and getting cars to honk at us again.  





 Back at home we had popsicles, ice cream and cookies….and  I had baseball caps for each grand to choose and color..and some coloring pages.  Then we took some pics and played Who is It, and Head bandz. By the time my boys pick up their kids at 10 pm, everyone is TIRED!   Ahhhhh….. all this without Poppa Wayne… he was sad about it in China.













I'm so blessed...Halelujah I'm blessed!

No comments: