Friday, March 22, 2024

Silver platter of beliefs

If I was presented with a silver platter of beliefs to enhance my earth life, what beliefs would I choose?

I would want to believe that I will see my parents and relatives again one day. That they are working, progressing and waiting for me.  I would want to believe in a beautiful afterlife.

I would want to believe in angels, that I can call up on them, and they help and support and have my back.

I would want to believe in a higher power...in a God that loves and heals and helps and loves me and wants the best for me. Who wants me to become like them.

I would want to believe in prophets who continue to work with God and help me along my earth path with messages and revelation.

I would want to believe in agency, and that everyone gets to make choices for their lives.

I would want to believe that all things that happen to me are actually happening for me, and I can find lessons and growth in them.

I would want to believe in scriptures and their truthfulness and teachings.

I would want to believe in forever families, and that my earth relationships are important.

I would want to believe in the power of repentance and the joy that comes from turning back to God again and again. 

I would want to believe in an atonement that grows me, and applies to me, and helps me.

I would want to believe in all of the gospel principles and doctrines that are laid out by Jesus in the New Testament of love and law and mercy and justice. 

I would want to believe in people and their goodness.

I would want to believe in the power of love and inclusiveness.

I would want to be a believer.

I get all of these things by being a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter day Saints.  So I stay..and I'm happy about it. 

No comments: