Friday, March 22, 2024

My church

What change do I want?

 I would like "Heavenly parents" and "Heavenly mother" to just roll off people's tongues and not be so weird and hesitant about it because we know that’s the truth. We know that’s what we are preparing ourselves for because we go to the temple and learn this.


I would like the general women presidents. ( or presidencies) - to speak at every General Conference, not just one or two women.  I think that’s a sad message to send about women’s voices and men not needing to hear them.  (We have our own Women's meeting...isn't that good enough?). I just think it’s funny that the powers that be think the men of the 70s who preside over regions, have more important messages than the General Women leaders of the entire church.  


I would like the word preside to be out of the sealing ceremony. I think preside is an outdated word. I appreciate the added gentleness and meekness to it, but I still don’t understand why we continue to have that word preside in our vernacular when we are equal partners.  I don’t feel God in this. 


Yes there are things in my church that I want changed…and I trust God will make those happen, since I have had a heart-held list of changes that I wanted and one by one these changes HAVE happened.  I trust more are coming.  I’m not sad or mad about the slowness of it, I know this is a church of continuing revelation and continued restoration.  (I lean heavily on the 11th article of faith) I know we are flawed, fallen humans including our leaders and we are trying to do what we believe God wants us to do..and I know change will come….because…GOD!  

No comments: