Monday, October 3, 2022

Renewed Friendship

 I think God puts people in our lives to help us, to lift us, to teach us and when that lesson is learned, sometimes they move on and there’s room for more people to enter.  


Friendship can have an ending. And it doesn’t have to be because anyone did anything wrong.  We just grow apart.   The friendship served its purpose and now it’s okay to let go.  For some reason we think friends should last forever.  


If you look back at your life you will see this isn’t true and it’s okay.  

 

I had a friend when we moved into our first neighborhood.  We did everything together for 6 years.  We fed our kids, went to church, played cards ( she taught us Canasta) traveled, did recipe club.  It was a beautiful friendship. Then it ended.  Nothing serious happened. We moved and life changed and calls were fewer and farther between..then we just weren’t BFF’s anymore. It was complete.  She was there when I needed her and I was there for her. She got new best friends, and so did I.  


I lost touch with her except a few posts on Facebook now and then.  I heard her and her hubby left the church….  and then she saw my Wayne’s posting about my 60th birthday and to drop by to wish me a Happy Birthday…and she did.  

It was amazing.  

Old friends are golden.  Linda Wangsgaard, Leslie Leger, Janet Webster

We have since been to lunch to catch up and have recommitted to a friendship.  And she is also back in the LDS church.  Life is interesting.  


Friendships come and go and can be “complete” for many different reasons.  

No comments: