Monday, June 6, 2022

 


I wear a lot of rings… My wedding ring, my 30th anniversary ring, my “W” family ring and my rainbow ring to show love, support and allyship with a group of GOD’s children who have long been pushed to the edges of our society.   ❤️πŸ§‘πŸ’›πŸ’šπŸ’™πŸ’œπŸ–€πŸ€ŽIf just one person sees it and feels less alone.. then it’s worth it.  My hands may show my age, but my rings show my heart. 


More RING stories……. By sharing my ring pic I got a lost family ring returned!!
Wayne and I designed rings for our family in 1998. We got two gold ones for us and made silver ones for our little boys growing fingers. We haven’t known where Wayne’s ring is since 2010.
After posting yesterday I got a DM stating Elizabeth Wood. had found a gold W ring at the old Rogers Memorial Theatre parking lot and had turned it in to the lost and found. When the theatre moved they returned it back to her. She’s kept it for years and was shocked when this same ring appeared in my story. Miracles happen. ❤️I can’t believe Wayne is getting his ring back.
πŸ’
The ring is a W for Welch in a shield. The shield represents family. There are 6 sides because at the time there were 6 of us ( Laila wasn’t born yet). The band is a piano keyboard. Our family motto is “Harmony” so the piano represents that.
🎹🎢
Harmony stands for Home, Attitude, Respect,
Maximize talents, Obedience, No guts no glory ( try things) and Yippee yahoo abba dabba do ( have fun). The little boys - at the time- helped come up with what the letters represented.

No comments: