Wednesday, March 16, 2022

Claim my faith

In 2019 Every little thing bothered me about my church. Now I’ve developed a new way of seeing all the church people. 

They are just people - all of them, including leaders at every level.   I have high hopes, and low expectations.  People are doing the best they can and sometimes their best seems pretty terrible.  It’s called being human. 


I don’t like the celebrity status we as a culture have imbued our leaders with. It feels priest crafty to me and that’s not on them… that’s on us.  


I claim my status as an adult, a peer, equal in value, equal in intelligence, and equal in ability to receive revelation. We are all 100% children of GOD.  People are not more so because of their church calling.  


God is not LDS..  God is God and loves ALL their children.


I don’t attend church out of duty or a desire to please anyone any more. I’m there to support others in my faith community. I seek “the one” each week who needs a smile, or a hug, or a listening ear. I see everyone as a disciple of Christ doing their best to love God and love their neighbor. 


I overlook a LOT. I say “fascinating” a LOT. 


I want to teach and help others see the LGBTQ community in a loving non threatening way.  There is no LGBTQ agenda. It is nice that my rainbow kids are 33 and 31 and don’t attend church, so I don’t have to deal with protecting their hearts while I navigate my own relationship with weekly church. ♥️


I like being a believer!

No comments: