Wednesday, March 9, 2022

Wishes for my Laila

If I could give Laila 3 things, it would be the confidence to always know her self-worth, the strength to chase her dreams and the ability to know how deeply loved she is.


Laila is planning to leave my home.  I hope she learned what she needed to under my roof. 

 

I hope she will continue to have the confidence to be totally Laila and know she is an amazing daughter of Heavenly parents and her worth is set.   She has checked out of her spiritual life for a while,  but I hope she circles back to it as she becomes a wife and mother.  I love having a relationship with God and I want that for her.  It helps me to be more expansive in my thinking and inclusive in my loving as I follow Jesus.  Laila is strong.  I don't want her comparing herself to some weird cultural norm.  She has a strong body and a strong personality and I want her to just own all of that.


I hope she doesn't play small.  That she identifies big dreams and goes for them...it's in the trying and succeeding or failing that she will learn so much about her self.  IT's always worth it even when it feels so uncomfortable and hard.


I hope she knows how deeply loved she is and that Wayne and I will always be here for her , cheering her on and wanting the very best that life has for her...all the while knowing that life is 50/50 and she will have all of the highs and lows that go along with it.   I feel honored to have had her in my home for the past 20 years.  What a gift!



No comments: