Saturday, February 5, 2022

Alfie and George

 Alfie was baptized today and George was blessed...and Poppy wondered why it wasn't all about her!  

I loved watching our first son, Addison bless his first son..and then have Wayne ( a first son) do the confirmation.   Wayne blessed Alfie with courage and compassion and I love these two qualities and what they entail.    Bre spoke on the gift of the Holy Ghost and what a great thing it is to have this and to lean on it and use the spirit to guide you throughout your life.  

This was a big day for Addison's family.  I can't believe Alfie is 8!  He is such a smart, kind, quiet, funny kid.  He loves reading and puzzles and legos and learning.   


George is 5 months old and is growing so much.  Addison gave a beautiful blessing reminding us all that he is named after our beloved friend, George Sharkey....one of the strongest people we know in the gospel.  I really loved thinking about George Sharkey today and all that he’s taught us and how Christlike he is.   Bree's dad gave a talk about baptism and shared George Sharkey's favorite scripture:

  • 2 Nephi 31:20 20 Wherefore, ye must press forward with a steadfastness in Christ, having a perfect brightness of hope, and a love of God and of all men. Wherefore, if ye shall press forward, feasting upon the word of Christ, and endure to the end, behold, thus saith the Father: Ye shall have e eternal life.

 I have a testimony of this gospel. I know Jesus Christ is our Savior.  I know if we follow him that’s the way to true happiness and I know that means we just keep having our feet in that direction and we make mistakes and we repent and forgive and we just keep trying again to get back on board. That’s the plan.  I’m so grateful for Addison and Bre and their beautiful, loving family and grateful for their big examples to me.





No comments: