Saturday, September 4, 2021

Sister Act Top Ten

Addison drew this for the cast


Ten top sister act 

  1. The shoes!  Wearing athletic shoes through an entire show instead of Character high heel type shoes is a joy.  Usually, at the end of a run, my feet are in Pain.. and actually, after Hello Dolly I had to have foot surgery…. So these ugly black shoes are a blessing. 
  2. No makeup.  I don’t have to worry about any of this.  Just show up and go. 
  3. Dressing room camaraderie.  I have enjoyed all of the people in my cast and the TTHS as well.  We all feel blessed to be here and sharing such a fun, inspiring show. I have enjoyed hearing people’s stories and sharing their lives for 3 months this summer.  Show relationships can be transitory, but I will be interested in and cheering these peeps on for a long time, thanks to Social Media.
  4. The Greenroom.  Jeremy playing tunes on the piano in the green room. Oran eating all the food in the green room (and on stage).  Seeing what treats would be in the green room each night.  (Everyone was so generous). Warmups with the Hokey Pokey in the green room. Circle up prayer and sharing show moments in the green room. 
  5. “Bless our Show” tears  —looking around the circle and taking time to be grateful for these women. 
  6. “Go penguins” cheer and  Nun dancing off stage for “Raise Your Voice”, ripping of Sweaty Eddie's pants every night as a homeless person. 
  7. Singing in the vom,  getting hyped for act 2 and “Sunday Morning Fever”.  
  8. Silver costumes - Rachel the costumer outdid herself for this sparkly scene. 
  9. The Production team of Danny Inkley,  my Addison, Dave Martin, Jillaire, and Nikole were just extraordinary.  Funny stories, lots of heart, and BBQ.  
  10. Dancing and singing my heart out every night! This is what play looks like to me.  I don’t think of myself or what I look like or how I’m perceived,  time flies, and I’m just in a flow of joy.  Grateful for Musical theatre for giving me this.   


I guess I could add an 11…. All of the support of my family and friends coming to see Nun 11.   

Camille Crawley and Craig Williams... I'm on the edge having just torn off Craig's pants. 

Full MWF cast and crew.  Closing Night.

I have loved doing this show with my sweet Megan

Nuns in the green room along with Shelly Davies who brought us amazing cinnamon rolls.

Liz and Al  and so much other family support.




We would be so hot by intermission that we hiked up our habits and aired out our legs.  
 

My homeless JOAN friend... 

My Raise your voice.   "AHHHH"

Landon and Sophia and Andrew... brought us all flowers.
Si and Grant Foster came and loved it.

Kimi Farley, Kim Johnston, Nick and Jo Cash, Mel Evans, Kathleen Newman, Heidi Bingham, Doris Salcedo, Laura Belnap and Diane Lake....and came to see me.  I love these people so much.





No comments: