Tuesday, February 23, 2021

Dear Child

Hello my child,

I see you and I love you, but I don't know you.

Not the way you know you or the way God knows you.

I could never know you to that degree.

You know you.

You know what to do. How to do it. Who to be.

You know the best way, the best life, and the path you should be on.

Your path will include challenges I wouldn't wish for you.

It'll include mistakes I would prevent you from making if I could.

Which is why I'm not in charge of you.

Those challenges and mistakes...they are all happening for you.

As much as I want to always remember that, I will not always be able to.

I will worry about you at times.

I will try to control you at times.

But I am working every day to let go of that.

To remember that I don't know the way for you.

You do.

You and your Heavenly Parents who will guide you.

You guys know the way.

I'm just along for the ride.

And I will be right here to try to help guide you, influence you, and most of all remind you of your divine heritage and unfathomable worth.

You'll get sick of hearing me say it but I still won't stop.

Because it's the one thing I know will make every part of your life experience easier and better...knowing that.

And I'll do a terrible job of being your mom some days and a brilliant job of it other days.

Please know that I too am on a journey of development and growth.

And I'm so glad I get to be a background player in your story.

I know my role is small but I love it none the less.

Keep going my child.

An amazing adventure lies ahead.

I love your guts...

Mom

No comments: