Tuesday, August 4, 2020

Miracles from the World Wide Fast

Have you seen miracles since the world wide fast? 


The World Wide fast on April 10, 2020,  caught people’s attention. It brought us together.  But now I hear people saying, “We fasted, why are we still having COVID? Why hasn’t the Lord helped us? Where are the miracles?”


Hmmm...well we need to do our part… we don’t just have it - fast and pray -and then go on as usual.  Maybe our part is mask-wearing and caring for each other more.   


I have fasted many times praying for the outcome I wanted .. but didn’t receive.. but my faith was strengthened.  It’s when you pray in specifics and don’t get that specific outcome but stay close to the Lord and your faith increases....that’s a miracle. 

( I experienced this with Marcie’s cancer)  


We want our relationship with God to be transactional. I fast. I wear a mask. And God gives me no more COVID.   But that’s not how it works. Our relationship with God is one of transformation not transaction. I fast and wear a mask for others and I trust and have hope that God’s in charge and I reach out to others with love and compassion and become more Christlike in the process. I move closer to God even when we still have COVID. That’s the miracle. 


Another miracle I see is more Appreciation.  My Life was full of so many highs.  ( many dopamine and adrenaline hits) Going to plays. Movies. Big parties. Travel etc... that my normal life felt like lows.  Now normal life and its slowness I am learning to really appreciate.   Now I’m spending less $. Going to fewer places.    Spending more time with family. Reading time. Outdoor time.  Walking time. 

Friendship time etc….   These activities release Seratonin and oxytocin - the feel good, love chemicals that aren’t as immediate and take longer to build up in the body.  


It’s like I was living life on a diet of caffeine and sugar and then COVID hit and this was taken away from me, I had withdrawals.. and now a simple chicken breast and broccoli taste good again. 


I hope all the things I’ve been covid-forced to do now, I will choose to do more of even when it’s all over.


There are miracles everywhere- although some may not be truly evident except by hindsight.

No comments: