Saturday, July 18, 2020

58 is Great!

My birthday was just want I wanted.  Turning 58 has been great!



I asked Wayne to be in charge of planning my day, and he was unsure and stressed at first, but he got his head wrapped around it and he did a great job.



My day started with one of my favorite activities.  I went on a 20 mile bike ride with Wayne.  I love  riding my road bike, especially if it's a gorgeous day...which it was.  Sun shining, cool breeze, gorgeous sky and landscape.  So good.


As we were getting cleaned up I got a surprise facetime from one of my besties, Si Foster..who is on her mission in Spain.  Add to that many sweet birthday messages called and texted to me...and I was feeling loved.


Monson and Lexi brought me Chipotle lunch to eat with them out on our deck.  IT was fun visiting.  Monson was up for his final check-up on his jaw surgery.  The surgeon is surprised that is recovery is so great, even though the surgeon thought he messed up Monson's nerve.   So this was all good news.


Next... Wayne went to work and I went out with Laila to an art museum featuring my neighbor's gorgeous oil paintings.  She is the artist in residence at the BDAC and it was impressive.  We kept our masks on, of course, and walked the cute shops on Main street Bountiful and ate delicious berry cheesecake rolled ice cream.  Laila picked me out some fun earrings from Paisley sky and it was good to be together.



Next... I needed a nap, so I turned on Shrek to watch with Tayla, Lady, Elsie..I dozed a little, but no real luck.  Wayne brought me a bucket of theatre popcorn. 


I received some acrylic paint in the mail from Truman and Levi and also a facetime phone call to catch up and see their new puppy- a Springer Spaniel named Callum.  


I received some fun Happy Birthday Meema Movies from Andrew and Sophia and Rhubarb pie from Landon. 


Then, Addison's family, Monson's family, Landon's family and Wayne and I all gathered for a Family Swim at Butters pool. Complete with Street tacos from El Dorado


It was all exhausting, fun and a relaxing birthday.  I loved it.  Happy Birthday to ME!  I have decided that my family just adores me and wants to spend time with me.   I haven't asked them but I believe it.  I believe that we want to have close relationships and we are all in it for the long run.  It feels good- this is a birthday gift that I give to myself.   


I also got to go out to lunch with my siblings on Tuesday... My Zoom Sunseeker friends on Wednesday and my Theatre- Carols friends on Friday.  I'm feeling very loved.  

No comments: