Sunday, September 2, 2018

Dad's death-iversay


My dad passed away 3 years ago today.  IT was a bru-tiful day.  Jut like May is all about my mom, September is all about my dad… death day Sept. 2, birthday Sept 25.  I miss him sooo much and continue to love him and see that love grow.   HE was such a Kind man...and I love seeing this tag line on his cemetery stone.   

 I loved exercising in the summer time in his garage and he would poke his head in and say,  “How are my angels doing?”  And we would call him “Charlie”   I loved his tomatoes from his little garden that he would nurse along and then  slice and eat  with salt and pepper on white bread.  I loved sitting with him while he was in his favorite chair and he would have baseball on,  or an evangelist singing, or a tractor or cattle show.  I loved how much he LOVED my mom.  I loved his purple shirts, his flexible schedule  and  seeing him dressed up in  his suit heading to or from church. 

  I listened to the final father’s prayer he ever gave me 3 weeks before he died.    He was in the care center with kidney failure and  didn’t have the energy to stand up .  I sat at his feet and he gave a sweet blessing to me and others who wanted one.  The words  (I recorded) are sweet.   HE said I was most like his Sheri… and I love that so much.  


Uncle Lynn just sent me these two older pics of my parents.  Disneyland 1974.  Dad said he was a White personality..but was always working on his Yellow personality, trying to have more fun.  Disney trips weren't Great for him, he sat and watched people more than did the attractions but he showed up for his family.  I love that he's at the end of the "walk to Disney line" pulling up the rear, which is what he always did. And I love that he's in the matterhorn ride seat with mom.  They were in this life together with all of it's ups and downs.



I feel so blessed to have been born of goodly parents.  It really is a beautiful legacy.  

No comments: