Friday, January 12, 2024

January happenings

 New Year same me... except I got heavy bangs!   I'm always in a constant cycle of cutting bangs in and then growing my bangs out.   

We celebrated January and some December birthdays on Wayne's Jan.7th birthday.  We had a family dinner with the usual suspects ( minus the Buzellis and our California kids).   It's great to live so close.   Lady came in the door and announced," I don't care if everyone forgot my presents, I just want to hear how much they love me."  We go around the table and tell what we love about each person...it's a beautiful exercise.  Laila Facetimed in and she shared what she loved about our birthday people with tears in her eyes and in her voice-- about Wayne she said, "You are the most Christ-like person I know."  

Our Sidetracked band gave Wayne this t-shirt for his birthday and celebrated with maple bars-- Wayne's favorite.

We kicked off our Primary year with "Bee- like Jesus", hence the bee shirts and me dressing up as a BEE to explain it all.  The kids were shocked and loved it. 

As we study the Book of Mormon this year, we will focus on BEE-coming better disciples of Jesus.  BEE-lieving the scriptures, BEE-longing in primary and Bee- aring  testimony.   

As you can tell we are all in on a BEE theme and it’s going to BEE a sweet year. We are also working on random acts of kindness this year— just like Bees pollenate flowers to help them grow, so these RAOK will help us to grow and become more like Jesus.   We will have a honey jar to fill up with pom-pom pollen that represent a kind thing that a child did each week. 

I was having a kind of sad week, taking down my Christmas decorations, getting sick and looking outside and realizing I'm in Layton and not Bountiful.  I kept my fall and early winter really busy so I wouldn't have to sit with these thoughts so much.  then out of the blue Alfie gave me this card.  He got a new wax seal and wanted to try it out.   It was just what I needed.    


It's been so cold outside- so me and my new walking partner, Bonnie Benedict are trying to find warm way s of doing it.  We tried to get into the Layton Hills Mall-- but we go too early.  So our next option..we walk the aisles at Super Target... at 7:30 in the morning. It's awesome

!

No comments: