Tuesday, March 21, 2023

Happy 40th Anniversary

 We got married 40 years ago....and we'e lied happily ever after.  Just kidding, marriage is hard and awesome.  Frustrating and joyful all at the same time.  And that's exactly how it's supposed to be.  We've shared a great life together.  I love his face and his faith.

Addison painted this for us to celebrate.  

What's the magic for a 40 year marriage and a 45 year relationship? 
Part of it is choosing the right person and then the other part is choosing your marriage every day even when you don't feel like it.

I do stuff that bugs Wayne and he does stuff that bothers me and we continue to love.

True love happened for us after we discovered each others faults and chose to love anyway.

Wayne does plenty of things that delight me as well, and I try to make him smile and laugh.

We  make a decision every day to grow in love and to not make mountains out of molehills.

We say I love you to each other daily, scratch each other's backs and fall asleep with our feet touching at night. 

That's all I know.   I'm looking forward to another 40 with my Wayne and an eternity beyond that.
We are celebrating with a trip to Austria to be with our good friends, Bob and Diane Lake.  We had our celebratory dinner with Schnitzel and Grotl at the Adelshof restaurant.
This is us on top of the Alps.  We went up Nordketten trams to the top





No comments: