Wednesday, September 23, 2020

What are you for?

In our curent Political climate.. and with a Presidential election coming, I get tired of all of the rhetoric.  I get tired of people not really examining their beliefs and what they are for, yet they are really good at automatically saying what they are against.   


I don’t want to know what you are against, I want to know what you are for.


I want to have term limits on Congress. (4 terms max) I want to get rid of lifetime politicians who become so out of touch with the little guy.  


I want to keep the Electoral College BUT make it a percentage of the vote in that state.  No all Republican or all Democrat states.  Then everyone's vote would count.


I want to get rid of racism and unnecessary police brutality and hold those accountable who abuse their power.  I want police to wear a webcam and not have any excuse of it not working, forgetting it, or a lost tape. I want more de-escalation training.  I want to de-militarize our police. I want police departments to include social workers and mental health professionals.  


I want mass incarceration to stop and private prison programs to be abolished. I want to weed out racism and ensure the punishments match the crimes. 


I want immigrants to get proper vetting, and have a refuge, a safe place to come from unimaginable terror and poverty, and give them the chances we have.  I want parents and children to stay together and not be separated and kept in cages. 


I want logical gun control to help prevent mass shootings.   Ban fully automatic assault weapons.  Make background checks more rigorous. And I want to keep our second amendment rights.

 

I want all religions to be able to practice and worship freely.


I want taxes for the rich to help the poor… and to set up some system that it’s not a handout but a hand up. 


I want to work hard and make sure that healthcare and education are affordable for all.


I want people of all sexual orientations to be able to love freely no matter who they love.  I support LGBTQ rights and marriage for ALL. 


I want babies to be born, but under some circumstances, this can’t happen.  

Just making Abortion illegal doesn’t mean it’s going to stop. This actually makes it more dangerous.  I’m all for education and birth control resources which has actually been shown to lower abortion rates.  AND I endorse the perspective that unborn children have the right to live.   


I want to have our constitutional rights, and I believe in science and medicine helping in the education and prevention of the spread of disease.  


I love America, and I also recognize our faults and I want us all to do better and to be better.   I want to recognize the ugly parts of our history and do everything we can not to let those parts happen again. 


I want us to stop being a country of us vs. them.   My position is one of meeting in the middle, discussion, empathy, compassion and curiosity. 

No comments: