Thursday, February 20, 2020

Valentines

Valentines week was LOVEly.


We had Laila's Valentine concert on Tuesday.  Laila sang with her Xela group some really fun 50's and 60's songs.  She also had an act with David Richter.  They sang a duet of Frank Sinatra's L.O.V.E.  Because David is so tall  ( 6'5")and Laila is so small (5'1") we played off this fact with the choreography.  The audience loved it.  During the interlude in the middle, Laila said, "let's dance" which looked crazy because of their height difference, so she then ran off stage and got a step stool, and then they danced.  It was a hoot.  They brought the house down and had the most applause of all of the songs. It was fun to hear Laila's classmates supporting her.  I was really proud of her.



I had my online school Valentine skate party at Layton skate with 25 people.  My school class is shrinking because I only have K-5 this year, but it's still good to get together with oldfashioned decorated boxes and valentines passed out.



Valentine's brought red roses from my love and a fun couples party that night at the Newman's home.  We had us, Kathleen and Tom Newman, Eric and Laura Belnap and Kimi and Bob Farley in attendance. We all brought food to share and then played the Oldlywed game-- Wayne and I won but just barely.

AND...this is our littlest Valentine, Elsie Adele

No comments: