Wednesday, May 15, 2024

Making new friends

I've been working on making friends in my new ward area.  

Reaching out, texting, complimenting at church, starting conversations, dropping off sourdough bread notes and cookies.   It's a process.  I'm so grateful that last fall in Relief Society I met Bonnie Benedict. I asked her to be my new best friend and she said yes.  We walk 3 times a week and have shared many vulnerable things about ourselves and family...that's what it takes.  Building blocks to friendship. I was happy to put a trip to SLC together and have 3 women who are all very fun, open and interesting, say YES.  

Jane and Kristi Webb, Bonnie Benedict, Me, Tammy Petty at the Church History Museum.

Friendship is a process, and it's going to be worth it.  

I love this pic of Jesus all made out of rocks and shells.  The individual pieces feel like all of us as His children that he sacrificed for.  It's really gorgeous and I'm thinking about adding it to my Jesus Wall.  









No comments: