Monday, March 30, 2009

Tax Time

Taxes Shmaxes....we owe a boat load of taxes!!!!!
What's up with that?
Where's my tax stimulus rebate?

Wayne worked on our taxes over the weekend and didn't go crazy, and didn't even swear. Of course, he never swears, but still, it was a good sign.

Someone once said, Mark Twain or Ralph Waldo Emerson, or someone, maybe it was.....me, said, "There's nothing for sure except death and taxes." I don't know why I just thought of this, and I have nothing to really add to this, except I hope I don't die at tax time.
Enough said.

It seems like April 15th comes around quicker and quicker each year, and my bank account get's gouged deeper and deeper.

I guess I should be counting my blessings, that we made enough money that we have to pay taxes...that would be a positive spin.

I guess I should be blessed to live in this great country that I get to pay taxes to....another positive argument.

I guess I should be happy that I get to keep all those IRS people in business during this crazy economy.

Laila assures me that taxes are good, "because it makes us so we can go to school for free." I think someone from school has been spinning this tale for her. Free education. Now that's a joke. But I digress..... where was I?

Oh, yes...Taxes, Schmaxes. We owe a boat load of taxes!

No comments: