Sunday, June 16, 2024

Father's day

 Happy Fathers Day... I am blessed to have an amazing father.  I get that not everone gets this, but I'm so thankful I did.  My dad was so kind, tender-hearted, danced in the kitchen, yodeled, loved to serve his neighbors and family, loved horses and farm equipment, adored my momma, he was a great cheerleader and encourager of dreams, so accepting,  loved being a missionary- particularly in Scotland and I was so proud to be his daughter.  

I got my Mother's day pic with Sophia and Andrew finally!
We started this day at the Layton Temple dedication being in charge of Sealing Room #4 as ushers.  Because of our subcommittee assignment, we got to usher in the temple and be in charge of sealing room # 4. It was a privilege.

So peaceful and tender to be there. Elder and Sister Bednar went from room to room to say hi to everyone before it started. We saw our friends, Brian and Jill Taylor too. He spoke at the session about growing up a few blocks from here and now there’s a temple. Elder Bednar dedicated it and shared how we could use the words House of the Lord instead of T. E. M. P. L. E. and it would be more applicable. Shared the scripture 1 Nephi 14:14.  14 And it came to pass that I, Nephi, beheld the power of the Lamb of God, that it descended upon the saints of the church of the Lamb, and upon the covenant people of the Lord, who were scattered upon all the face of the earth; and they were armed with righteousness and with the power of God in great glory”.  This could be us in our day.  He also shared: D C  6:36 Look into me in every thought. Doubt not. Fear not”. As the way to go throughout our lives.

So wonderful to rejoice together. I love the Hosanna Shout( it makes me giggle)  and singing Spirit of God in the sealing room was glorious. The temple sat 1880 people- there were chairs everywhere.


We had a Father's Day BBQ in our backyard...our first one!  It worked out great.   We took this picture after Truman left dang it.

Laila sent Wayne this darling embroidered sweatshirt of he and Laila on a motorcycle.  The brothers all gave Wayne a Frozen meat assortment with sauces and rubs for his Traeger.  

No comments: