Monday, September 16, 2024

"C" date

Wayne and I did a “C” date on Saturday night. 


We went to the temple for the Celestial Room- I love being in the temple... I have come to realize it's because I'm unplugged, not by my spouse, or anyone I really know, and it's just me and God. It's a meditative time. I talk to God and work on my relationship with them. I contemplate and go over family and my issues, and seek revelation and seek peace, perspective and power for my life. You can do this in the temple or on the temple grounds. Taking time to build a relationship with God is really important to me.

While there we saw my Uncle Steve and Cousin Stevie Jo in the celestial room–so that was a real treat to visit with them. Steve is one of my favorite people in this world! 

Then off to Culver’s for Custard– and while going there, we got an SOS from Truman so Wayne decided Charity fit with the C theme- and he headed up to the Cabin to deliver a new generator.  

We were going to go buy me a Cross-necklace–but that will have to wait.  I love the thought of the cross now so much. The image represents God’s love on the vertical axis and how we should reach out and love our neighbors on the horizontal axis.  I loved Jared Halverson’s talk on Contraries at the Restore Conference and I really want a cross necklace now as a reminder of this.


No comments: