I retire in 250 days... and I'm thinking a lot about that.
I have a great job and feel so blessed to have been with Utahonline for over 20 years, and I'm grateful for the time I spent teaching in the classroom at Bountiful High for many years...and I can't wait to be done with it all. So I'm counting down.
I want to be done with being tied to my house and computer 5 days a week... It can get lonely and feels isolated working from home with no one else here. It's a blessing and a curse.
I want to be done teaching online. Online is its own challenge.
I want to be done with spreadsheets and secretarial-type work.
I want to be done with "nagging" schools to get their stuff in and tracking programs and chromebooks.
I will miss interacting with people- online and off. I especially enjoyed UOS training time when we are all together talking, planning and laughing. I will miss money coming in. I will miss having a plan every day and knowing what's expected of me.
My vision for my future-- or at the end of my first year of retirement..what do I want to say of my year: We traveled more, and we played with our family and friends and spent quality time together. We helped our kids financially (if needed.) We didn't have any health issues. I learned something new creatively, like taking a class, meeting new people, or performing on stage. I was able to serve in my "ministries" of bringing music to old people with the band, helping people with special needs with a friend-to-friend group and serving in ARP 12-step and with our Branch as missionaries. I can give more time and energy to all of this.
So... I'm preparing now to get ready, physically, mentally, socially, and financially, so when May 27, 2027 comes, my first day of retirement, I'm ready! I'm having Chatgpt give me daily challenges to address these areas..and it will be interesting to see what the challenges are. Then I just have to follow through.
No comments:
Post a Comment