We went to the open house for the closing of the 4th, 20th, 36th ward church building in Bountiful on 1400 South. (Too many stairs and too hard to get it up to code. They will be collapsing some wards and realigning boundaries in the South Stake.) This is the church we had mine and Wayne’s and Addison and Bre’s wedding luncheons.
We took Wanee and Holly…and what I thought would be like a 20-minute outing turned into 2 hours. We saw so many people there that we hadn’t seen for a long time....David Irvine, Carolyn and Mark Zaugg, Dave and Robin Beck, Gary Wall. So, a lot of visiting, plus they had history books of the different wards from the 1950’s on up. I went through the 4th ward ‘60’s book and found so many pictures of my mom when she was RS president of that ward, and her as a witch entertaining the primary kids for their Halloween Party, and Dad serving in the 4th ward bishopric, and one pic of our whole family with Angela as a 1 year old. Mom had amazing hair of course. It even had pics of “The Singing Mothers” that mom and Grandma were part of– and a picture of my grandma’s quartet- The Classics- when they entertained at a ward thing. It was crazy. I have pics of me as a 6 year old in matching coats with Marcie that I have never seen before. It was so great to go through these books. I’m very grateful for ward historians who took their jobs seriously.
I got a pic in front of the big Jesus - fishers of Men paining in the front of the chapel. They handed out copies of that pic to everyone with a little write up on the back of how Dean Belnap painted it. (Eric Belnap’s dad) Then we had lunch under the trees and more visitiing. It was awesome! The building is for sale for 1.9 million if anyone wants to buy it.
No comments:
Post a Comment