Monday, October 19, 2015

My thoughts on this gorgeous fall day.....

Just some catching up to do.....

It's been a wild week around here.  Fall break we didn't do much but hang out at home and take turns holding our new baby Tayla.
Oct 12....
Monson and Lexi are protective, darling parents who are absolutely head over heals in love with their daughter.  It's great to watch and feel this from them.
Tayla and her DIMPLES!
I'm loving the Indian summer weather.  It's still gorgeous outside and I love being out in it.  I've started playing and loving Pickleball.  It's like a small tennis - arge ping pong type of game.  Hopefully we will have more good days in October to get on the court and play.

I'm looking forward to Halloween and Thanksgiivng . We will be doing Halloween different this year with a Dismal Dinner party at Bre and Add's home.... and we will have Cole side Thanksgiving here at my house.  We will have to clear out some couches to make room, but I'm really excited to do it.
I'm the Witch..... 

Sophia getting her witch on...trying out her Halloween costume

I'm feeling lighter.  After so many months of heaviness in my body and surrounding my heart, I really feel a lightness now.  It's easier to think about Marcie and my dad...and mom....and not have tears spring immediately to my eyes and have that choking feeling in my throat.  So...that's good.  I know my making future plans help me with this and surrounding myself with friends and family.
Me with the "Carols" and some of the cast of Sister Act at Tuacahn.
We have started meetng to go over Dad's estate and sort through his things and stuff so we can eventually sell the family home.  It's crazy to think we have been in that home since 1972.   We are going to meet on Wednesday nights for a while to work on this project.
Sophia and Alfie are rocking out...
Alfie is here for 5 days while his parents are in Disneyland with friends.  It's great to have him, and it's good for Add and Bre to get away.  Alf is at the ADORABLE stage where he is learning so much and jabbering and playing and running and laughing and cuddling and......I just love this age!

Wayne is off to China for 8 days, this Wednesday.  It's been a year since this trip, and he is looking forward to it.  We have started a Whole 30 program so the only hard thing about China now is trying to eat the Whole30 way while he is there.  Only meat, veggies and fruits and nuts...nothing else.   We have made it to day 19, so we are pretty proud of ourselves.


No comments: